Yellow birds at Fort Desoto

DSC_3758 DSC_3586 DSC_3515

All above are white eyed vireos. Fairly common during migration.

DSC_3542

DSC_3539

DSC_3719

All of these are of a hooded warbler. The park was filled with these bright yellow birds with black hoods. They were not shy and would not freak out and fly into the bushes. They remained on the trail as long as no one got too close.

DSC_3732 DSC_3696

I saw one prairie warbler at the park.

DSC_3574

A single yellow throated warbler. I don’t see these too often.

It poured the last Friday in March. I never get that lucky. Usually, it pours early in the week and by the time I get out to the parks, the birds are gone. This time I got up early on Saturday and headed down to Fort Desoto. Not a big fall out but still enough birds to keep everyone entertained. I think there was possibly more people than birds though.  I’m hoping this is only the first fall out for spring migration this year. It’s still early.

Our World Tuesday Graphicimage-in-ing

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Yellow birds at Fort Desoto

1. myrsbytes says:

Lovely line up of yellow birds. I like the landing prairie warbler! Comical :-).

2. fun60 says:

That hooded warbler is gorgeous.

3. Adam Jones says:

I really like the look of that Yellow Throated Warbler. Beautiful markings.

4. dalettre says:

Always fun to find another Dina. ☺ Wonderful shots!

5. roth0003 says:

Gorgeous bird photography,, Dina. Thanks so much for stopping by http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/cat-on-ladder.html to share!

6. Oh my gosh, those little twitterers are so hard to capture because they move so fast. Great shots!

7. Karen says:

Amazing pictures! My attempts of taking shots of birds are miserable in comparison. Well done!