Lots of birds but nothing new.

DSC_8023

A “yellow” bird. I think this is a white eyed vireo even though you can’t really see the white from this angle.  Thanks to Ken for IDing this as a bay breasted warbler. Matches my Stokes guide.

DSC_7972

Possible palm warbler.

DSC_8006

Yellow-throated warbler.

DSC_8095

Eastern phoebes are everywhere.

DSC_7936

Catbird in the shade. They are everywhere as well.

DSC_8055

Red bellied woodpecker

DSC_7930

Another white eyed vireo.

DSC_8063

Pileated woodpecker

DSC_8071

I caught him blinking.

DSC_8082

Green heron hiding along the lake edge.

DSC_8101

Hawk telling me I can’t have his snack.

An early morning Saturday walk at Chesnut Park. I finally started seeing some winter birds coming through. It was the first “not steamy hot” morning. Perfect early fall morning. I would have stayed longer but my foot started hurting. I seem to have a bone spur or heel spur on my left foot. My heel started hurting the week before but felt better during the week. After two hours of walking around it was killing me. I have since added support insoles to my walking shoes and they seem to be doing some good but every once in a while it still hurts a little. If this keeps up much longer I’m going to have to head to the foot doc.  Any suggestions?  (Other than stay off my feet?) I don’t sit still very well.

Check out more pictures at Our World Tuesday  Our World Tuesday Graphic

Also, check out more birds at Paying Ready Attention for

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Lots of birds but nothing new.

1. Margaret says:

HI Dina sorry to hear about your foot. You say’ Nothing new’ they are all new to me. We do not have any of them here and your photographs are great. Very clear.

2. Neddick says:

Hi Dina–I’m not much of a birder but love All your birds. Short question–re. the yellow trothed
    warbler–are those legs and toes normal for warblers? most birds? or there is something wrong with the otherwise very beautiful bird. Many thanks. Neddick

3. kenschneider says:

Nice collection of birds. I think the top one is a Bay-breasted Warbler. They are quite large– I saw one last week and thought it was a vireo or oriole until I saw its head and bill– not like a blackbird or vireo.

4. How fun! I’m not very good with identification of those little ones. 🙂
    Sure hope that your foot feels better soon!

5. Much of your nothing new is new to me (the vireos)….beautiful pictures. You should probably visit a foot doctor — maybe they can help with a prescription orthotic insert or something.

6. Cynthia says:

You take such great bird photos! I can’t even pick a favorite. I hope you solve your foot pain so you can gt out and do what you love.

7. They are so delicate yet hardy! Thanks for these beautiful photos.

8. Beautiful birds… so colorful!

9. Mick says:

A great series of very beautiful birds! Sorry about the foot – mine always feels better when I can walk around bare-footed for a while – especially in the sand and the water – but that’s possibly not sensible where you live 🙂

10. Christian says:

Beautiful photos and a great diversity of birds.

11. fantastic shots of these birds

12. Dave says:

Lovely post, the Yellow Throated Warbler is brilliant, a really lovely species, and of course the Hawk image is fabulous

13. Tammy says:

Roll your foot on a frozen water bottle, from the ball of the foot to the heel. You might to have some myofascial release massage on your foot as well. Plantar fasciitis can be a precursor to a heel spur. Thick heeled shoes, no barefoot walking, even in the house.

14. Karen says:

Lot’s of new ones for me! That little Yellow-throated warbler looks knock-kneed. Great shots!

15. Carole M. says:

such variety, a smorgasbord of birds; lovely!

16. RW & SK says:

You have make beautiful photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

17. Eileen says:

Wonderful variety of birds. I love all the warblers and the cool Hawk!