A walk after work.

The usual dragonfly on a stick shot.

Same as above but blue.

Small alligator in the lake. I’m not sure what that cotton looking stuff is floating on the lake. I’m sure it’s some type of algae?

This turtle was laying eggs in the bushes along the lake.

A dove resting on the mulch.

A juvenile tricolored heron near the boardwalk. He was actually panting from the heat, which makes him look funny straight on.

A young mockingbird looking for food.

Two young ducks sticking together while feeding.  Mom was further behind them watching.

A young grackle screaming for mom to feed him.

A really small alligator under the boardwalk. You can really see the algae here. It looks like someone threw cotton blankets in the lake.

Bunny having a snack.

Pretty things hanging off the plant.

Iris in bloom. The courtyard at the bell tower was full of these.

Could you do this?  I watched this guy climb the tree and then trim it with a saw while holding on.  He had a harness on but still, you have to be pretty confident of your footing to do this for a living.

An after work walk around the lake near the office. I was looking for baby black neck stilts but saw a lot of other things as well. I found the babies but will post those later.

Shine the Divine

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A walk after work.

1. A lot of wonderful nature to be ‘near the office’! You’re definitely lucky to have that!

2. Shey says:

Great collection of shots. A very relaxing way to unwind after work. :)

3. janicead says:

Loved the variety of your shots. Looking forward to the baby pictures.

4. Felicia says:

love all your images especially the blue dragonfly.

5. Lorik says:

I love them all but my favourite is the dragonfly you shared on MoM. What a delicate, intricate design the wings make….beautiful! I also have never seen a mocking bird…. now I am singing the song Mocking Bird (i think Waits). Thanks for sharing on the new Mandarin Orange Monday:)

6. Hannah says:

Your photos are wonderful as usual, I can’t imagine being so close to such fascinating nature. It seems like there are a lot of hungry mouths looking for food. I like the aqua dragonfly too, and the purple iris is really alluring.

7. Edna B. says:

As usual, I love all your photos. I would love to live so close to so much nature. Thank you for sharing.

8. Pat says:

Beautiful photos.

9. Marie says:

Oh my! beautiful things to see on a walk. I’m amazed! You made some wonderful photos too! I love that heron! he made me laugh!