A walk after work.

DSC_1432

The usual dragonfly on a stick shot.

DSC_1424

Same as above but blue.

DSC_1435

Small alligator in the lake. I’m not sure what that cotton looking stuff is floating on the lake. I’m sure it’s some type of algae?

DSC_1410

This turtle was laying eggs in the bushes along the lake.

DSC_1437

A dove resting on the mulch.

DSC_1415

A juvenile tricolored heron near the boardwalk. He was actually panting from the heat, which makes him look funny straight on.

DSC_1406

A young mockingbird looking for food.

DSC_1387

Two young ducks sticking together while feeding.  Mom was further behind them watching.

DSC_1370

A young grackle screaming for mom to feed him.

DSC_1448

A really small alligator under the boardwalk. You can really see the algae here. It looks like someone threw cotton blankets in the lake.

DSC_1334

Bunny having a snack.

DSC_1401

Pretty things hanging off the plant.

DSC_1396

Iris in bloom. The courtyard at the bell tower was full of these.

DSC_1447

Could you do this?  I watched this guy climb the tree and then trim it with a saw while holding on.  He had a harness on but still, you have to be pretty confident of your footing to do this for a living.

An after work walk around the lake near the office. I was looking for baby black neck stilts but saw a lot of other things as well. I found the babies but will post those later.

Shine the Divine

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A walk after work.

1. A lot of wonderful nature to be ‘near the office’! You’re definitely lucky to have that!

2. Shey says:

Great collection of shots. A very relaxing way to unwind after work. :)

3. janicead says:

Loved the variety of your shots. Looking forward to the baby pictures.

4. Felicia says:

love all your images especially the blue dragonfly.

5. Lorik says:

I love them all but my favourite is the dragonfly you shared on MoM. What a delicate, intricate design the wings make….beautiful! I also have never seen a mocking bird…. now I am singing the song Mocking Bird (i think Waits). Thanks for sharing on the new Mandarin Orange Monday:)

6. Hannah says:

Your photos are wonderful as usual, I can’t imagine being so close to such fascinating nature. It seems like there are a lot of hungry mouths looking for food. I like the aqua dragonfly too, and the purple iris is really alluring.

7. Edna B. says:

As usual, I love all your photos. I would love to live so close to so much nature. Thank you for sharing.

8. Pat says:

Beautiful photos.

9. Marie says:

Oh my! beautiful things to see on a walk. I’m amazed! You made some wonderful photos too! I love that heron! he made me laugh!