On the boardwalk at Lettuce Lake Park.

DSC_1086

The first thing I saw when I got to the boardwalk was a swallow-tail kite flying by. I heard they were nesting across the lake. I would need a canoe to even get remotely close.

DSC_1087

A great blue heron flyby.

DSC_1108

Juvenile night heron along the boardwalk.

DSC_1131

A white eyed vireo.

DSC_1155

I thought this was a brown thrasher but the grey eyes are throwing me off. Brown thrashers have orange eyes. Any ideas?

DSC_1115

The swamp was full of these flowers. They were growing in the shade.

DSC_1148

Built in Christmas ornaments on this fir tree.

DSC_1116

Is that a yawn?

DSC_1151

Another bunny.

DSC_1152

He was on the side of the road. I pulled over and took these pictures before leaving.

I hadn’t been to Lettuce Lake Park in months. The lake was full and the swamp under the boardwalk was full of water. I saw very few wading birds. I heard a lot of northern parulas all over the park but they were all high up in the trees. No sign of the barred owls this trip. I’ll keep looking.

Check out more pictures at Our World Tuesday Our World Tuesday Graphic

Also, check out more birds at Paying Ready Attention  for

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to On the boardwalk at Lettuce Lake Park.

1. Margaret says:

All great photographs but i love the flower one best today.

2. Kathy says:

Great Blue Herons are such magnificent creatures! Gorgeous capture.

3. Phil Lanoue says:

That’s fantastic you saw that kite! We are supposed to report sightings here but I have not seen one yet.

4. ewok1993 says:

nature’s best captured here. love em. but i love love love squirrel.

5. Frank (UK) says:

Lovely images from your stroll along the boardwalk.

6. fun60 says:

That flower is so unusual. Great photos.

7. Hannah says:

The Blue Heron looks perfectly posed, beautiful! You get so many great bird photos. My old bird book has the immature Brown Thrasher with a grey eye. The spider lily is pretty. I’m surprised how short the ears are on the rabbit.

8. Your photos are amazing, I really love what you are able to with a camera. They are not pictures, they are stories.

9. Love the bunny!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

10. Dawn says:

It sounds like a wonderful place and it kept you and your camera busy! It looks like fun!v