Safety Harbor fishing pier – Skywatch Friday

DSC_0812

A small sign of the season

DSC_0824

The bird fountain in front of the yacht basin.

DSC_0838

A beautiful pre-Christmas day. It was a perfect day for sailing but I don’t think a single sailboat was missing.  What a waste!

DSC_0843

The yacht basin in Safety Harbor.

DSC_0866

The sun was trying to come out.

DSC_0874

I know I’m rubbing it in. This was a perfect day. You could be here instead of under 5 feet of snow. I didn’t even have a jacket on but there was a cool breeze.

DSC_0899

There’s still a few butterflies around.

DSC_0770

Sandwich tern flying over the fishing pier.

DSC_0799

Little blue heron fighting the wind.

DSC_0913

Another tiny butterfly.

DSC_0775

Two weeks until Christmas and it was 75 degrees. I had errands to run and chores to do before family came into town so I stayed close to home and stopped by the Safety Harbor fishing pier in between errands. I hadn’t been there in months. There were still a few manatees hanging around the pier but it was too hard to get a picture. The sun was up high making the water looked dark. I would have just gotten their snout coming up for air.

Check out more sky pictures at Skywatch Friday

This entry was posted in bird photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Safety Harbor fishing pier – Skywatch Friday

1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I love the sky in each of these shots.

2. eileen says:

Pretty skies, love the Terns..The Heron fountain is beautiful..Happy New Years!

3. Mary says:

A great series of photos! Wonderful skies too!

4. artmusedog says:

Magnificent photos ~ Great sky shots for SWF ~ Happy New Year to you ~ carol ^_^

5. Gorgeous photos, Dina. The wreath on the lamp post really does look Christmassy.
    And you do have some wonderful sky photos, as Mary mentioned above. The one of the sun coming out above the pier is glorious. And of course your birds.
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas, and that the new year is good to you and yours.
    K

6. Yogi says:

Rub it in, rub it in. Wonderful shots.

7. Lakshmi says:

Merry Christmas and a lovely new year..beautiful shots..love the ones with the birds

8. wallacejones says:

We really do live in a special place! Thank you, Dina, for a year full of wonderful images! Happy New Year!